Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I already have data from my previous windows partition, what option should I select in the boot camp assistant?

I still have data from the previous windows 7 partition, but the partition itself doesn't seem to exist. I'm able to see BOOTCAMP in disc utility, but when I click on the "Remove Windows 7" option, the partition doesn't actually show up and neither in the startup disk list in System Preference. I'm using OSX 10.7.5. If I have to remove the windows 7 part to reinstall, will my data be saved, or do I have to back it up? And if so, does anyone know how to do that?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Using Windows 7 64-bit via bootcamp

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 8:10 PM

1 reply

If I already have data from my previous windows partition, what option should I select in the boot camp assistant?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.