Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Testing of LTE network with USIM, but not able to scan LTE network in manual selection?

Recently i am testing LTE network and intially though of having problems with USIM card. But it turns out that the phone is the problem.

I am testing with 4 type of handsets, I-phone5, Galaxy S4, Blackberry Z10 and Huawei 4G modem. All of them supporting the LTE and frequency that we are using. Problem is that none of the phones , will switch to LTE network scan when this USIM is inserted. They show only 2G and 3G network.Frequency is there, because i have tested with spectrum analyzer, and the E-NodeB is behaving correctly.
Meanwhile when testing with one U-SIM from AT&T, all the handset can tune them self and show 4G signal on Manual Selectio mode.
I am thinking on 2 possible scenarios:
1. All these branded phones have some white list, of MCC MNC list of the carriers that support LTE. ( but then how is supposed to do some operator testing in advance, before publishing it to GSMA )
2. The U-SIM recently produced might have something wrong in the electrical profile, that is not giving any indication to the phone about the present of USIM , instead of SIM, thus stating the check for 4G frequency as well.

Anybody experiencing the same??

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 12, 2013 11:35 PM

There are no replies.

Testing of LTE network with USIM, but not able to scan LTE network in manual selection?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.