Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto to Aperture

Hi,

I recently switched from using iPhoto to Aperture. I did this by pressing file/import/iPhoto library.

Now all my photos show in Aperture, however Aperture doesn't show up on my email, facebook, indesign, whenever I try to "place" a photo or a document, and search in the media section. IPhoto and Photo booth are the only to programs showing, where I can browse images.

Also, i realized that the Aperture library file is much smaller then the iPhoto library file (about one fourth). Does this mean that Aperture has downsized the images, or something like that? I can't seem to find a specific photo from Aperture in finder, because there's now such option when right-clicking an image.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hope I am making myself clear, please ask if there's any uncertainties.

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 13, 2013 3:27 AM

2 replies

Jun 13, 2013 3:47 AM in response to kimplohn

Now all my photos show in Aperture, however Aperture doesn't show up on my email, facebook, indesign, whenever I try to "place" a photo or a document, and search in the media section.

What is your Aperture 3 version? Please tell us the exact version number - between Aperture 3.2 and 3.3 the importing from iPhoto changed considerably. Depending on how you imported, you may only have imported the previews from the iPhoto Library, not the original files.

To make Aperture visible in the Media Browser, enable the generation of previews, if you have not already done so, also "Share previews with iLife and iWork". When you quit Aperture after setting these options, it may take a considerable time for aperture to create previews.

Jun 13, 2013 4:26 AM in response to léonie

Aperture 3.1. I pressed import/iPhoto library, and Aperture processed photos for about 12 hours. Now I'd like to delete one of the libraries, but I'm not sure wether something has happened to the photos. Is there no easy way to open a photo from Aperture in Finder? This way I could check and see if the sizes of the exact same photos are the same in the two libraries.

I will try to enable the generation of previews.

Thanks again for your help.

Iphoto to Aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.