Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I directly change the incoming mail server for icloud in Mail? It's grayed out.

How do I directly change the incoming mail server for icloud in Mail? It's grayed out.

I ask this because I have suddenly stopped receiving most e-mails in Mail. I've found that my incoming mail server (p01-imap.mail.me.com) is different from what the Apple mail setup assistant recommends (mail.me.com), but I cannot change it because it is grayed out. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 13, 2013 2:17 AM

6 replies

Jun 13, 2013 2:29 AM in response to Teknocore11

The pxx number is added automatically in the setup process and is normal: it probably represents different servers for different geographical areas, so you shouldn't worry about its presence. The address is greyed out to stop people tampering with it.

You could try the setup process again. Go to System Preferences>iCloud and uncheck Mail, then check it again. If that doesn't work, try signing out altegether in iCloud and then sign back in again, checking Mail and any other data types. This will set Mail up again from scratch.

Jun 25, 2013 7:23 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Roger,

I am having this issue with my wife's iCloud account. I have force quit Mail, rebooted, unchecked and rechecked Mail from the iCloud pane in System Preferences, signed out of iCloud all together and signed back in, installed all system updates, and had no luck. Any other advice on things I might try? It is working fine on her iPhone and online.

Jun 25, 2013 11:32 PM in response to celliott147

I'm afraid that AFAIK you've gone through the card. You could try Support, though I don't know how helpful they are likely to be.

To contact iCloud Support: if you currently happen to have AppleCare, either because you recently bought Apple hardware or have paid to extend the inititial period, you can contact them here:

http://www.apple.com/support/icloud/contact/

You will need the serial number of the covered hardware.

If you are not covered by AppleCare, then - in common with other free email services - there is no free support and you may be asked to pay a fee.

Jun 26, 2013 7:19 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

So far, it appears to be a hiccup in service. My iCloud experienced the same symptoms tonight. Then upon the start of the call, everything cleared up...before we could determine the cause... The weird thing is that it was only affecting the MBP regularly. It would affect my iPhone intermittently, but not often. That keeps me from pointing a finger at the server with confidence, but all other email accounts on the MBP have been working fine...

Apple support just came back and said that they have been having server issues for the last week or 2...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.