Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 4 with Cellular (Which network?)

I want to buy an iPad 4 and when I'm looking in the apple store the choices are AT&T, Sprint, Verizon. Does it matter which network I chose if I want to use the ipad in United Kingdom? Will I still be able to use one of the UK networks such as 3, Orange, o2 ?

iPad

Posted on Jun 13, 2013 5:14 AM

7 replies

Jun 13, 2013 6:35 AM in response to pawel747

Alfred brings up a very good point, in the past the warranty for the iPad was universal, but with the expansion of models and WiFi/cellular models world-wide, the warranty is now country-specific. You cannot get service except in the country of sale. And Apple will not accept shipments from outside the country so you must physically take it back to the country of purchase.

Jun 13, 2013 6:42 AM in response to pawel747

If you wish to take advantage of LTE speeds, check this carefully

http://www.apple.com/ipad/LTE/

The USA AT&T model iPad (A1459) is actually a poor choice for just about anywhere in the world other than the USA and Canada, in terms of LTE bands supported.

you would do better to get the A1460 model which while it does have a CDMA radio, it also has a GSM radio.

iPad 4 with Cellular (Which network?)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.