9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2014 8:24 AM by jjkraw
jjkraw Level 2 Level 2 (310 points)

Sorry if this has been asked before. A search didn't turn up anything.

My information under Your Stuff -> Profile -> My Products is out of date. For a couple of items (an iPhone and a MacBook Pro), I want to update the OS version, but there is no Edit link in order to do so.  I can only Set as Default or Delete.

Is this as intended?  If so why?  If not, what might I do?  Any pointers are appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

• Ralph Landry1 Level 8 Level 8 (39,910 points)

On the same line as the product there should be in blue, Edit and Set as Default, click Edit and you should be able to make the changes you want.

• jjkraw Level 2 Level 2 (310 points)

There should be, but for these two devices, there is no blue Edit link.

Just looked to see if mine was working right, shows Edit, Set as Default, and Delete as the options.

Try logging out, close and restart the browser, login and see if it reappears.  What browser are you using?  Could be part of the problem so if it comes back the same way, can you use a different browser?

I see the same thing in both Safari and Firefox on clean logins. I took a look at the HTML source and there isn't anything that should be tripping it up: the "Edit" code  is just missing for some devices.

Here is a screenshot that shows one with and one without:

Screen Shot 2013-06-13 at 12.53.34 PM.png

The HTML code that is missing for the iPhone but included for the iPod inserts the "|" and the link for "Edit".

Note that I can get the result I am looking for by deleting the particular device and adding it back again, since the add process lets me select the correct OS. But even after that, there is no Edit link.

That is really strange, mine is fully poplulated for all products I have entered.

Since you have posted in the Using Apple Support Communities, post another thread addressed to the Hosts describing the issue, they may be able to do something about it.  The rest of us are fellow users and cannot alter anything in your profile or account.

• Jeep2691 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I'm curious whether you ever were able to find a solution to this, as I have the same issue and have found a work around yet.

• babowa Level 7 Level 7 (27,675 points)

Mine is not; any product I have set as default cannot be edited (didn't realize how old the thread is until I posted this).

I have to delete it and re-enter it; that's the only way I've found to get it updated (or make a different product the default):

Screen Shot 2014-02-01 at 7.58.32 AM.png

@ Jeep:

obviously, no change as I just took that screenshot now.

I have two devices (iPad mini and a MacBook Pro) that now do not show an edit link. Oddly enough, the iPhone I posted about upthread does show an edit link.

My solution has been to quit worrying about keeping that information updated.