Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security pane in preferences is missing cookies, databases and non-secure forms options? Also Privacy Pane is totally blank?

I wanted to delete some cookies. But when I went to the Security Pane in Safari Preferences, it does not show any of the following categories/settings option: nothing for cookes (nothing for accept or show or anything else about cookies), nothing for databases, and nothing for non-secure forms. No controls for these are showing in the Security pane. Also, the Privacy Pane in Safari preferenes is totally blank--I can't set anything on that. Where are these controls/settings options, why can't I see them? I am using OSX 10.6.8 and Safari Version 5.1.9, I have a Mac Book Pro 3.06 Intel. Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), MacBook Pro 5,3 Intel 3.06

Posted on Jun 13, 2013 6:25 AM

1 reply

Jun 13, 2013 8:04 AM in response to Patrick Hughes2

Uninstall SIMBL as follows. Back up all data before making any changes.

Triple-click the line below to select it, then copy the text to the Clipboard (command-C):

/Library

In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar, paste into the box that opens (command-V), and press return. A folder will open. From that folder, delete the items listed below (some may be absent.) You may be prompted for your administrator login password.

• Application Support/SIMBL
  • InputManagers/SIMBL.bundle
  • LaunchAgents/net.culater.SIMBL.Agent.plist
  • ScriptingAdditions/SIMBL.osax

Log out and log back in.

Make sure you never reinstall SIMBL. It’s likely to come bundled with another third-party system modfication that depends on it. If you want trouble-free computing, avoid software that makes miraculous changes to other software, especially built-in applications. The only real exception to that rule is Safari extensions, which are mostly safe, and are easy to get rid of when they don’t work. SIMBL and its dependents are not Safari extensions.

Security pane in preferences is missing cookies, databases and non-secure forms options? Also Privacy Pane is totally blank?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.