Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I reset back to my mac

Is it possible to reset my back to my mac setings? Curently the service has quit working and is giving me an error code. Nothing has changed on my router and I just used the service a couple of days ago.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 13, 2013 8:51 AM

1 reply

Jun 15, 2013 2:42 PM in response to rangerdriver94

Hello there RangerDriver94,

Here is a helpful article about troubleshooting the Back to My Mac function.

OS X: Using and troubleshooting Back to My Mac with your iCloud account

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4907.

Troubleshooting Back to My Mac

If Back to My Mac is not working as expected, try the troubleshooting steps below, if they apply.

• Update all your Macs to OS X Lion v10.7.3 or later (OS X Lion v10.7.4 or later is recommended).
  • Choose System Preferences from the Apple () menu. Open iCloud System Preferences and check that Back to My Mac is enabled. See if any diagnostic messages are provided under the Back to My Mac section to assist you with troubleshooting and resolving any connection issue.
  • Toggle Back To My Mac off and back on by deselecting and then reselecting Back To My Mac in iCloud System Preferences.
  • Make sure the computer you are trying to connect to is not sleeping and is set to Wake on Demand. For more information about Wake on Demand, see this article.
  • If you are using an AirPort base station, make sure your firmware is up-to-date (open AirPort Utility 6.0 or later).
  • Check your network for a multiple NAT setup and reconfigure your network as needed.
  • Make sure NAT-PMP or UPnP is enabled (if you are using an AirPort Extreme Gigabit Ethernet base station, clickhere for information about AirPort Extreme Gigabit Ethernet and NAT PMP).
  • Ensure TCP port 5354 and UDP ports 4500 and 5353 are open on your firewall. To learn more about ports used by Apple products, click here.

If you have an Airport base station or Time Capsule I might recommend this article.

AirPort: Troubleshooting Back to My Mac issues related to an AirPort base station or Time Capsule

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2655

All the best,

Sterling

can I reset back to my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.