Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please Help, Very Frustrated - iPhoto 11 & Canon Raw(.cr2) files

I recently started shooting raw(.cr2) with Canon 6D (on the list), while on vacation of course.... while there I loaded all my images to my Ipad to save room, due to only having my 16gb memory card with me, yesterday I decided to take them off the ipad and store them in iPhoto where all my work is stored and back it up to my external harddrive, I have tried for 4 hoursto figure out why it won't upload to iPhoto 11, nothing works, it acts as if its uploading and then after 30 mins it says unrecognizable format(see screen capture below).

User uploaded file

I have read several other different forums and similar questions all the way back to 2005 and nothing seems to help, I tried making a smart album, updating the software, but iPhoto will not recognize the pics. I did find one forum that said use Image Capture and do it that way, It worked to move them off the ipad but only to my extrenal hard drive with no image preview, saying it cannot open the file, all I eally want to do is have them load like all my other images into iPhoto which I use almost everyday and not have to go back to shooting jpeg along...PLEASE HELP any suggestions??

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5), I own everything apple

Posted on Jun 13, 2013 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2013 9:41 AM

Have you downloaded and installed Raw support 4.03 - it is required for the Canon 6D

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4757

And I have not seen anyone post about this - it is possible that moving them to the iPad caused a problem - did you edit or otherwise process them there?

this article might shed some light on this - http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5182?viewlocale=en_us

LN

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2013 9:41 AM in response to anniebrooke

Have you downloaded and installed Raw support 4.03 - it is required for the Canon 6D

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4757

And I have not seen anyone post about this - it is possible that moving them to the iPad caused a problem - did you edit or otherwise process them there?

this article might shed some light on this - http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5182?viewlocale=en_us

LN

Jun 13, 2013 9:33 PM in response to anniebrooke

Thanks everyone...I tried and even downloaded the specific software released from Canon specific for Mac for my camera a Canon 6D... Nothing worked... IPhoto never would recognize the images....

BUT ..... in case someone else has this problem... I had to jump through hoops to figure it out... but finally with the help of several forums on here... I figured out a way to save my images and have them in a jpeg format to save for my memory folder for my daughter....so I did figure out a way to make it work...

If you transfer for images from camera(in raw format .cr2) to your ipad...... and cannot load them to iphoto like me....here is how to do it....

1. I searched my Mac, it comes with a software installed called "Image Capture" find it and load your pictures on

your ipad to a folder on your desktop for easy finding.

2. Search Google and Download Program Called Rawker....

3. Open Rawker... go to File

a. Select Batch - Select source Location - Select your file you saved your images in

b. Select File Batch - Select Source Destination - either make a file on your desktop or

select where you want your newly converted RAW/jpeg images to be placed

c. Select File batch and Start Batch...

4. After its done with the convert - you can import that new .jpeg folder of images to your iphoto

Bunch of crazy circles because I was told it was better to shoot in Raw .cr2 ... NOT ... It might be if you have the right program but I guess none of the ones I tried worked....

Until I find a better way I will just go back to shooting in jpeg fine.

Thanks again Everyone 🙂

Please Help, Very Frustrated - iPhoto 11 & Canon Raw(.cr2) files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.