Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random jumping to Key Photo during adjustment

When editing photos in an iPhoto library opened in Aperture, I am getting random jumping to the iPhoto Event Key Photo when applying adjustments to other photos in the same Event.

For example:

- say the Key Photo of the Event is photo number 15 of 35 photos in the Event

- I want to edit photo 26

- I select photo 26 in the Browser

- Select the Straighten tool in Adjustments

- Click on the photo in the Viewer and start to adjust the angle

- The selected photo in the Viewer and Browser then jumps to photo 15 (the Key Photo) in the middle of me trying to adjust the angle of photo 26.

This seems to happen randomly when I am editing any photo that is not the Key Photo.

I have tried the following to no benefit:

- (in iPhoto) changing which photo is the Key Photo for the Event

- Repairing the iPhoto Library.

Any suggestions as to the cause and/or cure?

Thank you.

iPhoto 9.4.3

Aperture 3.4.5

OS X 10.8.4

Posted on Jun 13, 2013 10:09 AM

2 replies

Jun 13, 2013 2:41 PM in response to Strelizia regina

That is an annoyingly buggy behaviour. I have seen a similar problem reported some time ago, but we found no solution, see: aperture will often jump to another image while I'm editing

But it was with an earlier Aperture version and an earlier MacOS.

When editing photos in an iPhoto library opened in Aperture,

Is that the only library where it happens?

Do you see the same, when you create a new library and import some test images?

Can you confirm, that editing in iPhoto will make the difference? That is, that a library, that works well in Aperture alone, will have issues, after opening it in Aperture?

Regards

Léonie

Jun 14, 2013 10:26 AM in response to léonie

We have two libraries:

- my wife's library used primarily with iPhoto (and originally created as an iPhoto library when iPhoto and Aperture libraries were not cross compatible)

- my library used primarily with Aperture (and originally created as an Aperture library when iPhoto and Aperture libraries were not cross compatible).

The only library where the problem occurs is my wife's "iPhoto" library, when editing in Aperture.

I've now done a complete "Rebuild" of the 'iPhoto" library using the utlilty built into iPhoto. This seems (after limited testing) to have cured the problem.

Random jumping to Key Photo during adjustment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.