Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to override the audio source to a Airport Express?

I have an Apple TV, and its audio source can be overriden (ie. if I am streaming music to it with my computer, and then I try to stream music using my iPod, the iPod adio will override the audio from my computer). I like this feature because it prevents someone from accidentally leaving airplay on and not allowing anyone else to use the speakers. Is there a way to make an Airport Express act like this? Currently, the one I have rejects an overriding audio stream if another one is already playing.

Airport Express-OTHER

Posted on Jun 13, 2013 11:18 AM

1 reply

Jul 12, 2014 5:32 PM in response to TJFS

To achieve this I go into Airport Utility and make a change to the Airport Express settings, then change it back and hit update. This reboots the Airport Express and allows me to connect with a different device. It's a long way around but usually quicker than getting up and going to the other device to stop it.

Hope this helps 🙂

Is there a way to override the audio source to a Airport Express?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.