Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CalDAV server can't log into Google with iCal

After an apprent attack on my Google account, Google asked me to change my password, which I did. I have changed the password on my Mail and iCal accounts. The mail is working fine, but I can't log into the CalDAV server. I get the following error message:

"iCal found the CalDAV server but couldn't log in with your user name and password. Make sure these are correct and try again."

The user name and password are correct and can be used to log into my Google account. Any idea as to why iCal responds like this?

Posted on Jun 13, 2013 2:07 PM

6 replies

Jun 15, 2013 11:52 AM in response to Teri R.

Hello there Teri R.,

It looks like it may be a good idea to remove the Gmail account from the iCal preferences, restart the computer, and then re add the account.

Highlight the account in the iCal preferences, and press the - down below.

After restarting the computer re add the account with this article:
iCal 5.x: Set up a calendar account in iCal

http://support.apple.com/kb/ph4737

Set up a Google or Yahoo! account

1. Choose iCal > Preferences and click Accounts.
  2. To add a new account, click Add + in the lower-left corner.
  3. Enter your Google or Yahoo! email address and password, and then click Create.iCal finds any calendar accounts associated with the email address you provide.

Regards,

Sterling

Feb 3, 2016 12:28 AM in response to shauntrillo

I couldn't find the place on Google My Account settings where to turn on "Allow less secure apps" functionality, but then I realized that I am using a 2 step authentication.

In that case (if you are also using 2 step authentication) its not your Google account "typical" password that you must insert into your iCal but the specific so called "App Password" that you must generate at Google My Account settings.

CalDAV server can't log into Google with iCal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.