Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 11 year old Apple studio display died. what is best connection with new monitor

The lCD light finally quit after 12 years. So I bought a very cheap acer /led widescreenS200HQL 19 inch as a cheap quick replacement for my monitor on my quicksilver G4 933. Question is it is connected to the second display port VGA... Is it worth buying a connector so it can be connected to the larger DVI port(where the apple studio display was connected?) will that make any difference??? Things seem fine but was curious as to the difference???

933 MHZ, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jun 13, 2013 2:48 PM

2 replies

Jun 14, 2013 5:48 AM in response to stanbudbea67

Many of the Studio displays were ADC. Are you sure that other port is really DVI and not ADC?

My 2004 MDD vid card has one DVI and one ADC connector. I have it connected to a Viewsonic display from about 2007 with both VGA and DVI ports. When I connect the DVI port directly to the DVI port on the G4, the native res looks good but it too small to read (old, tired eyes). If I change the desktop res to make things a little bigger, the image looks like carp--fuzzy and possibly some distortion.

If I use the DVI-to-VGA adapter on the computer and connect it to the monitor. the image is shape and proper at any support desktop res I select.

You mileage may vary.

My 11 year old Apple studio display died. what is best connection with new monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.