Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

939 songs in iTunes, but 995 songs on iPod?

In iTunes, I have 939 songs, but under my iPod info iTunes tells me my iPod has 995 songs. When I turn off "Sync Music", iTunes indeed still tells me that I have 56 songs on my iPod, even though I don't have any. Even if I add up all my audiobooks, tones, and voice memos, which I thought might be contributing to the extra 56, it still doesn't add up to 56. Any idea what's going on here?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jun 13, 2013 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2013 6:24 PM

Never mind, my podcasts, audiobooks, and tones add up to 56. Guess those count as "songs"... I wish iTunes would be more clear about that.

3 replies

Jun 13, 2013 6:27 PM in response to ffiti

This could be content that is in the "other" category. Have you tried transferring purchases (in case you bought content on your iPod that hasn't been synced to the iTunes library yet?

The only other thing I can think of is that you might have duplicate songs. But that would resolve when you don't sync the content.

So, I'm back to thinking that maybe you have audio content that you deleted which hasn't been removed.

Jun 13, 2013 6:29 PM in response to ssschmidt

I think that since my audiobooks, podcasts, and tones add up to 56, it's pretty likely that those are the 56 extra "songs" in the Audio section of my iPod info. And no, I don't have any duplicate songs.

And "audio content that you deleted which hasn't been removed" would refer to audiobooks, podcasts, and tones.

939 songs in iTunes, but 995 songs on iPod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.