Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any free image editors with these features?

I'm looking for a free image editor with some basic features. Preview gets some of these things done but I need something that:

-allows me to stitch two photos together onto a larger canvas

-does smart crops

-has alignment guides of some sort to help me align two images exactly

Ideas, anyone?

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jun 13, 2013 8:41 PM

8 replies

Jun 13, 2013 9:34 PM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks for your response. I've tried both of these before, and I swear for the life of me, I can't figure out how to use GIMP. I've used GraphicConverter before also, and I do believe I remember images staying separate so I could manipulate them separately later, but I can't figure out how I did it.

For GIMP, I would import each of the separate images into different layers, right?

Are you sure there isn't a more intuitive and also more powerful application, something that works like the iWork apps?

Jun 13, 2013 9:37 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks for your response. I only tried the free ones and I kicked out Xee because it's not a usable free solution because it's a free trial that will expire in 30 days.

I've tried GIMP before, and I swear I can't understand how to use it. In theory, I would import each separate image as a new layer, right?

I've used Seashore before also, but it doesn't seem to keep the images separate like I want them to... again, layers?

Are you sure there isn't a more intuitive and also more powerful application, something that works like the iWork apps? I'm a big fan of the way, say, Pages handles image manipulation.

Any free image editors with these features?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.