You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lockscreen Wallpaper Colors Distorted

iPhone 5 on iOS 6.1

Hey folks-

I just ran into a problem where any picture or image I set to be the wallpaper for my lockscreen (I haven't tried w/ my homescreen wallpaper) ends up having its colors distorted. The image looks just fine in my camera roll and when I get the option to move and set the image, but when I lock my phone, the image comes up on the lock screen with all the colors distorted and COMPLETELY off.

Here's the wallpaper as it is supposed to look, and as it looks in my camera roll:

User uploaded file

And here's a screenshot of my lockscreen with the very same image set as my wallpaper:

User uploaded file

The colors are totally off, and it happens with every image I try to set. I've tried rebooting the phone a few times, but nothing doing. Anyone have any idea what might be causing this issue? It only came up a couple of days ago, and I'd never had a problem like this before.

Edit: Just realized that when I tap "Emergency Call" from the lockscreen passcode entry, the wallpaper changes to normal for as long as I'm on that screen. However, once I go back to the regular lockscreen the image becomes distorted again.

Posted on Jun 13, 2013 10:04 PM

6 replies

Jun 14, 2013 8:32 AM in response to Lukas De Man

Unfortunately it's not inverted colors; I tried that before making this post (and again just now just to be sure), but inverted colors changes the appearance of everything on the phone, and my problem lies only with the lock screen background.

As for changing the image file types from PNG to JPEG or vice-versa, I don't think that's the issue. I've also experimented with the stock iphone wallpapers that are already in the phone, and each of those comes out strangely as well with all the colors changed.

Jun 14, 2013 8:39 AM in response to xdimx2

What other troubleshooting have you tried? Restart, reset, restore from backup, restore as new? Since you say this even appears with the stock wallpapers, I would be inclined to believe there is something corrupt in the lock screen display code. Restoring the device as new would clear the device and reload a new copy of the iOS. While this removes everything from the device, make sure everything is synced to your computer so you can add this content back with a sync.

Lockscreen Wallpaper Colors Distorted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.