Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yes. I get all that. But what do you do when...

...you have multiple devices and iTunes shows it as already downloaded due to it being on one of your other devices?

I have been trying to download an episode of Bates Motel for over a week now and because the download gets interrupted (I'm using a VERY intermittent satcom connection in Afghanistan) I have had multiple partial downloads that were as much as 80% of the whole show. But every time I reopen iTunes to restart the download (because it will give me various errors when I just try to restart the download) my list of downloads is empty and I have to start all over again. Is there any truly manual way to restart a download??

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), iTunes 11.0.2

Posted on Jun 14, 2013 5:46 AM

6 replies

Jun 15, 2013 7:39 AM in response to HACKINT0SH

Thanks. I read that one before but it doesn't address the underlying major problem of partial downloads. Additionally, even though I followed the directions I don't get the cloud icon to appear when looking at my library even though I have the "Show iTunes in the Cloud Purchases" enabled in my iTunes preferences by going to iTunes > Preferences under the Store tab. I'm not sure what that means. When I look at my library it doesn't give any indication of the episodes previously purchased that are not downloaded onto my machine here. The only way I can tell is if I go to the store and then look at the one's where it gives me the option to download it.

What I really need is some way to kickstart iTunes into recognizing that there is a partial .mpv file in the downloads and for it to restart downloading that file at that stage. Since iTunes fails to recognize prior partial downloads (even though they are in the right place) after iTunes restarts my only option is to completely start all over again.

Jun 16, 2013 1:23 AM in response to epvoogd

Hmmmm... Thanks for your patience. I'm sure I seem to be missing some obvious stuff. Here's my question with regards to being "signed-in". If I'm able to see the series season and I have the option to download (no cloud icon however) am I not signed-in?

This is where I have to go to restart all downloads from scratch as it WILL NOT show a partially downloaded episode if I had to restart iTunes because of network issues causing it to hang for hours leaving me with only the option to force quit and start all over again.

Yes. I get all that. But what do you do when...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.