Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create home folder disk image of root user

I did a clean install of Mac OS ML and faced several trouble bringing my files back (some of them were missing, other had a less sign, with permissions problem... I then enabled root user and used migration assistant (there were no permissions problems anymore. But now, everytime I have to put root user and password to sign in, besides OS keeps asking for information and offering transfer options. I want to get rid of root user, but to have my files on the other user without having to use migration assistant again on an administrator user (wich will probably bring the permission error back).

Is there a way to switch or make root user files to be "magically transferred to the common admin user"?

Thanks.

Apple TV, iOS 5.1

Posted on Jun 14, 2013 6:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2013 12:55 PM

Try putting the files in the Shared Folder at Hard Drive/Users. The regular admin account should be able to access them from there.

1 reply

Create home folder disk image of root user

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.