Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mid-2012 MacBook Air with AirPort Extreme 802.11ac

I like the 802.11ac on AirPort Extreme, but my mid-2012 MacBook Air seems to support only a/b/g/n - anyway I can upgrade the wifi to support ac?

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jun 14, 2013 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2013 9:36 AM

The AirPort card included with your MacBook Air doesn't support ac, and you can't replace it. Instead, you have to look for USB adaptors that allows you to connect with 802.11ac, and there aren't a lot that are compatible with a Mac

2 replies

Jun 20, 2013 9:41 PM in response to khoonseang

as of now, there are no adapters for you. It was rumored that the Asus USB-AC53 would work with a Mac, but this is not true. it is windows only. However, as the iMac and new mac book pros come shipped with the AC chip over the next few months, you can bet that accessory manufacturers will not be far behine. Keep checking and searching with amazon or google. I predict Mac AC wifi adapters on the market over the next 60 to 90 days,

Mid-2012 MacBook Air with AirPort Extreme 802.11ac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.