Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 got wet last week. Been in rice until today. It turned on and worked fine, I could see a water spot in the middle but still worked fine, 3 hours in it shut off to black screen with apple logo. Any ideas what to do?

Iphone 5 got wet last week. Been in rice until today. It turned on and worked fine, I could see a water spot in the middle but still worked fine, 3 hours in it shut down to the black screen with apple logo. Screen stays up for 10 seconds ago and then goes black and then black screen with apple logo comes back. Any ideas what to do?

iPhone 5

Posted on Jun 14, 2013 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2013 10:38 AM

At this point it's likely that the iPhone has suffered damage and you'll have to take or send it to Apple for replacement. If you have AppleCare+ coverage on the iPhone, the cost will be US $49. Otherwise the cost will be US $229.

Regards.

2 replies

iphone 5 got wet last week. Been in rice until today. It turned on and worked fine, I could see a water spot in the middle but still worked fine, 3 hours in it shut off to black screen with apple logo. Any ideas what to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.