Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uploading Troubles for iMovie '08.

Hello Friends:

I created a project in iMovie '08, combining photos, small clips of video, and music for my son's marching band. I'm really happy with it, but upon trying to upload it to YouTube, iMovie went through all the motions, but at the very end of the upload, the program proclaimed, "An error has occurred."

So, no luck.

I tried several times, also tried a different size. Still no luck.

I'd really like to make it available on Youtube. Suggestions?

As an alternative, I was able to successfully load it to my iTunes. However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to share it with friends and family via itunes. Is there a way to do so? Not all friends and family have macs, muchless the version of imovie that I use, so I'm concerned about having it on a site to where anyone can enjoy it, regardless of platform.

Interesting to note, I also tried loading it onto a thumb drive I had - which has a rediculous amount of space on it, so I tried to convert it using the "import with quick time," The whole thing was glichy and couldn't get past the second slide.

I look forward to your recommendations. Thanks tremendously!

iMovie '08

Posted on Jun 14, 2013 12:13 PM

3 replies

Jun 14, 2013 12:32 PM in response to dejahthoris

OK, now I was actually able to see via archived discussions that I'm not the only one.

Sounds like I need to upload using Youtube's uploading program rather than the iMovie option.

On one hand, I'm glad to know it's not just me. On the other, bummed that there doesn't appear to be a straightforward solution.

OK, so my other question then (and heck, I may find plenty of answers as I poke around, but I'm throwing it out there anyways) is given I was able to successfully upload to itunes, is there a way to share with others?

Thanks.

Jun 14, 2013 2:04 PM in response to dejahthoris

I share with others through YouTube. I upload throught the YouTube web page.

You can also share with FaceBook, but the FaceBook video app is not friendly so I do not use it. (It is difficult to resolve flase charges of copyright violation with FaceBook).

But it is easy to post a link to a YouTube video on FaceBook.

You can find your movie in iTunes by right-clicking on the movie and selecting Reveal In Finder. You can upload it from there.

Most problems with YouTube are related to the login and password. It is important to use your GMail address as the login ID and your normal GMail password. But I use the browser anyway to upload because the browser allows movies longer than 10 minutes.

Uploading Troubles for iMovie '08.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.