Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp can't erase with diskutility

I used bootcamp assitant to install Windows 8. In the installation of windows, I formatted the bootcamp part (because it says: "Windows cannot be install on this partition" anyway I formatted bootcamp partition to install windows in windows installation wizard. ) then I realize that I cannot choose startup partition disk. Obviously this is a problem. Also It hasn't got the name BOOTCAMP anymore. It named Untitled. I think because of that bootcamp assistant does not assist me anymore to remove this partition.

Here is my problem. When I am trying the remove that bootcamp partition in disk utility, I realize that every button on disk utility was greyed out! Thus, I cannot control disk partitions on diskutility. Then, I used recovery-hd for reaching advance setting in disk utility but same issue happend: every button greyed out. When I am trying to parttion my hard drive as one. It says "partition failed couldn't unmount disk".

I am frustrating any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

I have macbook pro retina 15'' 500gb SSD with mountain lion

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 14, 2013 1:24 PM

2 replies

Jul 20, 2013 7:50 AM in response to The Otto

Correct, you can not remove the Bootcamp partition using disk utility. You must use Bootcamp Assistant to remove the Bootcamp partition. Now that you have used disk utility you will have to erase/format your hard disk and reinstall OSx. Back up all your data first.

If you are planning on creating another Bootcamp partition, read the Bootcamp help manuals first http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp/.

Bootcamp can't erase with diskutility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.