Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Current Location In Yahoo Bookmark

I was going to use Yahoo from the list of installed Bookmarks in my iPad and when the initial Yahoo screen came up it Apple told me that Yahoo asked to use my current location and I declined. The next screen was from Yahoo and it suggested that I provide my current location for a couple of reason related to weather and news but it had only one button with "OK" and no option to decline andI could not find a way to just back out of that screen to the main Safari screen.And when I hit the Home button and then reopened Safari there was the Yahoo screen and I was locked out until I finally hot the "OK" button. This isn't the way it should work, I should never be forced to provide my current location to any App., the App. may not function if I don't but I shouldn't have to be locked up the way I was.

Anybody know what this is about??

Andy

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 14, 2013 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2013 1:11 PM

First of all, don't panic. Most search engines need your location to provide you with more relavant search results.

If you read it, you should understand the second message is just informational. It's just explains why it would be a good idea to allow Yahoo! to use your location. One you declined allowing access to your location, that's it until the next time you try to use Yahoo! Pressing the OK button, does nothing except make the notice go away.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2013 1:11 PM in response to AndyGump

First of all, don't panic. Most search engines need your location to provide you with more relavant search results.

If you read it, you should understand the second message is just informational. It's just explains why it would be a good idea to allow Yahoo! to use your location. One you declined allowing access to your location, that's it until the next time you try to use Yahoo! Pressing the OK button, does nothing except make the notice go away.

Current Location In Yahoo Bookmark

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.