Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime screen recording doesn't work anymore!

Hi,

I'm running 10.8.4 on my MacBook Pro.

Quicktime screen, audio, and movie recording doesn't work anymore.

I repaired my Permissions, and it didn't fix the bug.

What is wrong?

Thanks,

Chris.

iMac 3.06 GHz Intel 2, Mac OS X (10.6.6), MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (OS 10.5.8)

Posted on Jun 14, 2013 1:12 PM

7 replies

Apr 1, 2014 10:40 AM in response to Krissserz

I am having this problem too. I've never used QuickTime 10.2 (build 603) to do this, but when I try today, it doesn't work.

I launch QT, then choose "Record Screen" from the FILE menu. The black "record" window appears, but it is not clickable, nor does it do anything.

I can quit QT via the cmd-tab shortcut, but otherwise it is not selectable. odd.

To the devs: can this bug be fixed and a new QT installer generated... I am guessing that many of us would prefer not having to wait for an entire OS upgrade to have this fixed -- thanks!

(note: I have no special soundcard or any other mods to this MacBook Pro 13" running OSX10.8.5)

Quicktime screen recording doesn't work anymore!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.