Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse stopped working on regular surface

Hi there,

This is my first ever time using the Apple Support Community because well... this is the first problem I've had with my iMac / Accessories.

I was using my Magic Mouse about 30 mins ago no problem at all, I started to watch a TV show ('The Hard Times of RJ Berger' to be exact) once it had finished... boom, my Magic Mouse stopped working on my desk, I immediately change the batteries, still not working, I clean the optical part and still nothing. I try and use the mouse on my wall and it starts working, only on my wall? It's really odd, it still moves around when I use it on my desk, but you can barely see it moves and its jittery. I've been searching on Google and I've done what people have said, clean the battery compartment out etc... but still nothing? This is really bugging me! The battery level is on 100%, same with the keyboard!

Any idea?

Thanks,

George.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 14, 2013 1:24 PM

1 reply

Magic Mouse stopped working on regular surface

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.