Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compilation Albums Being Split by Artist

I had an iPod classic for years that was great, but just received an iPod Touch 5th as a gift. I excitedly loaded up my entire iTunes library on it, only to find all my compilation albums have been split out by each individual artist. I know this has been discussed before but all the "solutions" tell me I have to go and type over the artists' names so they'll be the same (but WRONG--God forbid I'd ever want to listen to all the music on my iPod by the same artist), or check the "Part of a compilation" box. Really? So you're telling me that I have to go through my 500+ albums to identify which ones are compilations, then manually check a box on potentially thousands of songs? I didn't have this problem on my Classic. Someone PLEASE tell me there's a simple setting where I can tell iTunes I want my albums to look like albums. Why on EARTH would someone want to listen to a single track of a compilation, stop when it's done, load the second, and repeat? STUPID!!!

iPod touch, Windows 7

Posted on Jun 14, 2013 4:11 PM

3 replies

Jun 16, 2013 7:43 AM in response to turingtest2

This still doesn't answer my question as to why I don't have to do this on the Classic. it just "knows" that an album is an album. Can anyone explain that?

So...yet ANOTHER weekend lost trying to "fix" iTunes. I'm STILL going through every freaking song (9,124 to be exact) to see if it needs to be manually tweaked just so I can listen to it in album form instead of one-at-a-time. Jiminy effing Christmas, I HATE APPLE!

Jun 16, 2013 8:43 AM in response to shandycat

If you read the article above you'll see there a number of different factors that affect the grouping of tracks in iTunes and on various devices, and in various views. I can't tell you why Apple have implemented things differently, but the article should tell you what to do to link things that aren't listing together when you think they should be. The main distinction between the classic and iOS firmwares is that the latter uses Album Artist and doesn't use Part of a compilation.

tt2

Compilation Albums Being Split by Artist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.