Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration Assistant is hanging....what's wrong?

Just unpacked and powered up a new iMac. I'm trying to transfer data from my user profile on my mac mini via ethernet. Migration Assistant launched fine and I was able to select all items I desired to transfer. The dialog is still displaying a message indicating there's 5 minutes remaining. This 5 minutes has been going on for over 2 hours now. What the heck is going on here? Very frustrating.

Looking for help.

Thanks

iMac

Posted on Jun 14, 2013 11:13 PM

8 replies

Jun 15, 2013 1:19 PM in response to MinnNurse

Upgraded my MBP two weeks ago and I also thought Migration Assistant was hanging / Cancelled the first run and started again late into the evening. After a couple hours I decided to just go to bed and see what happened in the morning. Come the next morning Migration Assistant was working albeit very slowly. About 18 hours after starting it was done.

I'm fully away about 250 GB in my Home directory will take some time but this still seems a bit out of proportion to me. In the end, it worksed but this of course does not mean there isn't a problem.

Please let us know what Support says.

Migration Assistant is hanging....what's wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.