Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud android

are there any special instructions for setting up iCloud mail on a device using Android OS?

samsung illusion-OTHER, Other OS, Android

Posted on Jun 14, 2013 10:14 PM

7 replies

Jun 17, 2017 7:55 PM in response to robertfromhubbardston

You didn't have to do that in 2013 when the OP asked the question.

Not sure what you are indicating happened when you say you were instructed to forward emails to your Android device? The answer for using 3rd party apps or devices to access iCloud data is to use an App-specific password to sign into those apps or devices. To generate an App-specific password, you need to set up Two-Factor Authentication, or Two-Step Verification on your Apple ID.

If you have neither an iOS device running iOS 9 or higher, or a Mac running Yosemite or higher, you would need to set up Two-Step, and the only way to do that is by clicking on the Two-Step link in the Two-Factor Authentication support article:

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Cheers,

GB

Jun 17, 2017 7:48 PM in response to cmsoundman

Yes, there are special instructions. You need to turn on two-factor authentication. Then you need to create an app specific password and enter that password as the password in the email app you're using on android. This worked for me. I spent 40 mins on the phone with Apple support and the only solution they came up with was to forward my email to the AOL mail account that still worked on android. This isn't a solution at all because only the new emails that are sent will be forwarded. Old saved emails won't show up. Hope this helps someone avoid the time I wasted on this issue! The issue started on June 15th. Here's an article on how to do it: https://9to5mac.com/2017/05/16/app-specific-passwords-will-be-required-to-sign-i n-to-icloud-with-third-party-apps-from-j…

Sep 25, 2014 2:55 PM in response to herocsc

herocsc wrote:

if i purchase an app on my iPhone, can i install it on my android phone without purchasing throughout the aneroid store

You cannot install iOS apps on an Android phone (or even on an aneroid one which would presumably have barometric facilities 🙂). The two operating systems are completely different and apps have to be written specifically for them.

iCloud android

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.