Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Sharing - how to get music files to transfer from one computer to another...

I have two computers in my home authorised for Home Sharing - I have no problems locating the other library on either of my computers. However, when I am on iTunes in Computer A and I click onto Computer B's music library (so that I can transfer music file to Computer A) I am unable to move Computer B's music into Computer A. I have both iTunes open on each computer and ther are both using the same Wifi connection.

In iTunes Help, it says:

- select the music files that I want to share into Computer A. (this bit I can do).

- in the 'show' menu at the bottom of the iTunes window, select 'items not in my library'. This is where I run into trouble - there does not appear to be any such menu!

- select items I wish to import, then click on 'import'. - again, no such button appears to exist!

I have updated my iTunes software to the latest version available on both computers. This is very frustrating for something that should be quite simple - I would very much appreciate any suggestions or solutions...

Posted on Jun 15, 2013 12:13 AM

2 replies

Jun 17, 2013 8:46 AM in response to arastis10

Hi arastis10,

If you are having issues transfering songs between computers set up for Home Sharing, you may find the following articles helpful:

Apple Support: Understanding Home Sharing

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3819

With Home Sharing, you can stream music and video from one authorized computer to another, or simply drag music between computer libraries. You can also choose to have iTunes automatically import purchases you make on any of your Home Sharing computers to your own library. To do so, select the library and use the Settings button at the lower right of the iTunes window to check what you'd like copied.

iTunes 10 for Mac: Use Home Sharing to import items from another iTunes library

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH986

Cheers,

- Brenden

Home Sharing - how to get music files to transfer from one computer to another...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.