Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why iTunes doesn't "see" iPhone 5?

When I connect my iPhone 5 to iTunes (vers. 11.0.4) via USB on my iMac (3,06 GHz ntel Core 2 Duo), the iPhone does not appear in the left part of the iTunes window (or if it it does, it's just a flashing image which immediately disappear), meanwhile the iPhone emits repeated, desperate "beeps". So if I need to udpate the phone software I have to use a wifi connection and not iTunes (to say nothing of putting some of my music on the iPhone). Can anyone help? Thanx in advance

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jun 15, 2013 2:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2013 2:48 AM

Phone not recognised in itunes

iPhone not recognised by iTunes on PC

iPhone not recognised by iTunes on Mac

2 replies

Jun 15, 2013 3:07 AM in response to Ocean20

Thank you for your suggestions, Ocean20, I follewed the steps in the link and after trying it emerges that the matter was with one of the USB ports.

I connected the iPhone via a different port from the one i tried before (i usualy use the last on left viewing the back of iMac, now i connect via the 2nd from right) and miraculously the iPhone is shown in iTunes!

Thank you very much for your kind assistance

Why iTunes doesn't "see" iPhone 5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.