Skip navigation

Accessing PC Harddrives From iMac

270 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2013 4:51 AM by Darran_NSW RSS
Darran_NSW Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 15, 2013 5:47 AM

Hi all, not sure if this is right discussion areas, but hoping someone is able to assist me.

I have a iMac (Mountain Lion) and a PC (Windows 7 Ultimate) on the saame wireless home network, bith connected under the same workgroup.  I've managed to get access to some of the folders on the PC from the iMac, but am stuck at accessing other harddrives on the PC.

My Windows 7 PC is setup as:

1. C:/Drive - operating system and core programs with a computer name of OFFICE-PC
  2. DATA Drive - documents and working files
  3. MUSIC Drive - music collection
  4. PHOTOS Drive - photo collection

The network pathnames of 2-4 are \\OFFICE-PC\Data  or  \\OFFICE-PC\Music   or \\OFFICE-PC\Photos

I'm trying to connect via iMAC CMD+K - Connect to Server  and m typing the server name as:  smb://OFFICE-PC/Data

All I'm getting is a message from iMac saying "There was a problem connecting to the server "office-pc".  You do not have permission to access this server"

I'm at a loss and appreciate any help / guidance someone could give me.

Thanks

Darrran

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.