Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have a problem in Numbers with entering data directly into a cell when a table reaches a certain size and special characters are used?

I am creating a list of words with special characters in some of them. I get to a point where I cannot enter data directly into the cell. I have to use the data entry bar at the top in the toolbar. Any solutions available?

This is the table I am creating...

User uploaded file

From row 25 on, I am only able to enter data into the cell through the toolbar at the top and not directly into the cell itself. I believe that this problem originates from the special characters I have inserted in the previous records because if I do not use special characters, then the spreadsheet acts flawlessly. Have there been issues in Numbers with data entry, the size of a table, and using special characters?

iWork09-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Numbers

Posted on Jun 15, 2013 6:46 AM

1 reply

Have a problem in Numbers with entering data directly into a cell when a table reaches a certain size and special characters are used?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.