Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Host Controller driver doesn't work

Hello,

I installed win7 prof on my MBP 5.3 mid 2009.

I made every Update for win7

Everything works fine, but I have a problem with my bluetooth. The Bootcampdriver doesn't work so I cannot use my Magic mouse and keyboard.

Where do I find the right driver to solve the problem?

Many thanks in advance

MacBook Pro, Windows 7, MS Outlook 2010 iCloud account

Posted on Jun 15, 2013 6:47 AM

6 replies

Jun 17, 2013 9:41 AM in response to hanfromnull

Hi hanfromnull,

If you are having issues with BootCamp and your Bluetooth connection to your Magic Mouse and wireless Apple keyboard, you may want to take a look at the following article:

Apple Support: Resolving issues with Windows when using Apple Magic Mouse or Apple Wireless Keyboard

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3092

You may also want to make sure that you have installed all available updates when booted to OS X.

Cheers,

- Brenden

Jun 17, 2013 10:11 AM in response to brenden dv

Hi Brendon,

thanks for your answer.

But that is not the Problem. I can't load a driver for my Broadcombluetooth device. I tested several bootcamp versions but in the Hardware manager the bluettoth device ist marked yellow.

I even loaded from Broadcom the setup.exe file with all the drivers. After searching the programm answers me " Couldn't find a bluetooth device.

That is very strange because zje bluetooth device is on board. Works with OS-X and before I changed to ML in Bootcamp also with Windows XP

All Updates for OS-X are also done all my programms OS are up to date. It is really annoying.

Dec 5, 2013 5:18 PM in response to hanfromnull

This was driving me nuts, I put in a larger SSD today going from a 120GB to a 240GB and blew away my Windows Partition to make the process easier to expand OS X, etc. After installing windows again the only thing in device manager that wouldn't load was the Bluetooh USB Host Controller. Tried every package in Bootcamp for version 4.0.4033 and 5.0.5033 and no luck.

Finally came across this site:

http://ron.dotsch.org/2011/11/how-to-get-bluetooth-to-work-in-parallels-windows- 7-64-bit-and-os-x-10-7-lion/

1) Basically Right click the Device in Device manager, Go to Properties, Select Details tab, Choose Hardware ids from Property Drop down. Copy the shortest Value, his was USB\VID_05AC&PID_8218

2) Find your bootcamp drivers and under bootcamp/drivers/apple/x64 copy AppleBluetoothInstaller64 to a folder on your desktop and unzip it. I use winrar to Extract to the same folder.

3) Find the files that got extracted/unzipped and open the file with notepad called AppleBT64.inf

4) Look for the following lines:

; for Windows 7 only

[Apple.NTamd64.6.1]

; No action

; OS will load in-box driver.

Get rid of the last two lines the following:

; No action

; OS will load in-box driver.

And add this line, paste your numbers in you got earlier for USB\VID_05ac&PID_8218:

Apple Built-in Bluetooth=AppleBt, USB\VID_05ac&PID_8218

So in the end it should look like the following:

; for Windows 7 only

[Apple.NTamd64.6.1]

Apple Built-in Bluetooth=AppleBt, USB\VID_05ac&PID_8218

5) Save the changes

6) Select Update the driver for the Bluetooth device in device manager and point it to the folder with the extracted/unzipped files and it should install the Bluetooth drivers then.

Updated:

Just found this link as well that does the same thing:

http://kb.parallels.com/en/113274

Bluetooth Host Controller driver doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.