Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Until yesterday my Apple wireless keyboard worked fine with my iPad 2. Then I took it to work and the keyboard was suddenly unable to awaken the iPad. In the bluetooth menu it says it is "connected" yet I get no response. Batteries are new.

Until yesterday my Apple wireless keyboard worked fine with my iPad 2. Then I took it to work (in a shoulder bag) and the keyboard was suddenly unable to awaken the iPad. The bluetooth menu it says it is "connected" yet I get no response. Batteries are new. Also, once I manually awaken the iPad I am able to type on the wireless keyboard, but it is quirky - cursor won't scroll using the arrow keys I must hit the arrow key successively to move it along, holding down the arrow key does not do anything.

Thanks, Jeff

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jun 15, 2013 8:22 AM

1 reply

Jun 17, 2013 9:19 AM in response to bluesky54

Hello bluesky54,

The following article details a number of steps that can be taken in order to stabilize your keyboard's connection with your iPad.

iOS: Third-party Bluetooth headsets, headphones, and keyboards

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1664

Intermittent iOS-to-Bluetooth accessory connectivity

• Check for possible sources of radio-frequency (RF) interference.
  • Move your iOS device closer to the Bluetooth accessory. Try to remove any obstructions to line of sight (for example, position the Bluetooth accessory and iOS device on the same side of your body).
  • Move the iOS device and the Bluetooth accessory away from other electronic devices.
  • A low battery charge may also limit the range of the Bluetooth accessory, so make sure it's fully charged.

Remove pairing records

When troubleshooting an issue with a previously paired accessory, first remove the pairing record from the iOS device.

1. Access the Bluetooth settings screen: Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the arrow next to the accessory on the Bluetooth Settings screen.
    User uploaded file
  3. Tap "Forget this Device" to delete the pairing record.
    User uploaded file

Cheers,

Allen

Until yesterday my Apple wireless keyboard worked fine with my iPad 2. Then I took it to work and the keyboard was suddenly unable to awaken the iPad. In the bluetooth menu it says it is "connected" yet I get no response. Batteries are new.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.