Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add a destination in maps?

Posted on Jun 15, 2013 9:03 AM

4 replies

Jun 17, 2013 10:02 AM in response to BSHSI

Hey BSHSI,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I'd check out the iPad user guide, which will provide detailed directions on using the Maps application. It starts on page 75, and here's some selected information from it:

Find a location: Tap the search field, then type an address or other information, such as:

• Intersection (“8th and market”)
  • Area (“greenwich village”)
  • Landmark (“guggenheim”)
  • Zip code
  • Business (“movies,” “restaurants san francisco ca,” “apple inc new york”) Or, tap one of the suggestions in the list below the search field.

Navigate maps:

• Move up or down, left or right: Drag the screen.
  • Rotate the map: Rotate two fingers on the screen. A compass appears in the upper-right

corner to show the map’s orientation.

Find the location of a contact, or of a bookmarked or recent search: Tap the book icon.

Get and share info about a location: Tap the pin to display the info banner, then tap the blue "i" icon. When available, you can get reviews and photos from Yelp. You can also get directions, contact the business, visit the home page, add the business to your contacts, share the location, or bookmark the location.

Use the drop pin to mark a location: Touch and hold the map until the drop pin appears.

Get driving directions: Tap the right turning arrow icon, tap the car icon, enter the starting and ending locations, then tap Route. Or, choose a location or a route from the list, when available. If multiple routes appear, tap the one you want to take.

iPad User Guide

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_user_guide.pdf

All the best,

David

Jun 17, 2013 11:36 AM in response to Delgadoh

This did not help ... let me rephrase ... when I have entered a route with a beginning and an end, I need to be able to enter interim destinations, e.g. we mapped going to the beach on Saturday, but need to stop by Grandma's house on the way. I can add destinations to a route in Google Maps. Can I do the same with Apple Maps? If so, how?

Thanks,

Rick Vanasse

Mar 7, 2014 12:12 PM in response to BSHSI

apple maps seem to still be a poor imitation of google maps. They'll select 2 routes to a destination, but you can't seem to add or change the route AT ALL!!! In google maps, I just drag the route to a new road or place and it adjusts the route on both sides to my destination.

Apple, when you're imitating google maps, you should do it much better or not at all.

Mar 7, 2014 3:12 PM in response to Oh how I hate aliases!

Oh how I hate aliases! wrote:

apple maps seem to still be a poor imitation of google maps. They'll select 2 routes to a destination, but you can't seem to add or change the route AT ALL!!! In google maps, I just drag the route to a new road or place and it adjusts the route on both sides to my destination.

Apple, when you're imitating google maps, you should do it much better or not at all.

You're issue seems to be different than the original question. If you want to do more than complain, you should start your own thread.

Apple is not reading here. If you want Apple to know how you feel, use the Feedback page:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Meanwhile, feel free to download and use the Google Maps app.

Best of luck.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.