Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"No SIM card installed. Insert a valid SIM with no Pin lock to activate iPhone."

I have unblocked my Iphone 3g, but the phone doesn't accept the sim card. it says "No SIM card installed. Insert a valid SIM with no Pin lock to activate iPhone." Can someone help me or had the same problem? I have tried restoring the iphone, but this did not work either... Help would be highly appreciated! Thank you!!!

iPhone 3G

Posted on Jun 15, 2013 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2013 11:00 AM

The iPhone unlocking was done officially by the carrier the iPhone was sold as carrier locked with - the carrier contacted Apple and you received notification when the unlocking process was ready which was done with iTunes?

14 replies

Jun 15, 2013 11:21 AM in response to Allan Sampson

I called the provider and they handed it over to apple. But everytime I connect the iphone to itunes it's just telling me that the activation couldn't be done at the moment. Please try it again later or contact your support service.

That's why I have checked the status of the phone on the site imei.info. And there it said that the phone was unlocked already. How do I receive the information when the unlocking process is ready, just when I connect the iphone to itunes? Thank you for your help

Dec 12, 2013 5:17 PM in response to Allan Sampson

what if the carrier does not offer an unlocked

and i restored my iphone to factory reset
and how my iphone asks for the setup

@
first select language - i choosed english
then
select your country or region- i selected philippines
then
choose a wifi or network
or
connect to itunes
when i connect to itunes

this is what itunes show

if the carrier does not wanna unlock my phone it is ok but can anybody help me use my iphone just like itouch?

The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported.

The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information.

then when i take the sim off this is what itunes show

There is no SIM card installed in the iPhone you are attempting to activate.

Please disconnect and insert a SIM card in the iPhone.

so can anybody help me how to use my iphone without 3g just for itouch its ok for me...
please help thnk you...

Dec 15, 2013 1:23 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

this is what itunes says

The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported.

The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information

how can i activate it when all itunes says is this ?
more option please... really really need help XD

Sep 10, 2015 1:36 AM in response to alessi1

if you buy a second hand iphone or even a newish one and tri to replace your sim into it it will automatically lock and my iphone 3gs i brought from a car boot did just this and says insert a valid sim with no lock to activate iphone and contacted orange and they said to make your phone work again you have to pay £8.99 and wait 7 days for a pin to unlock new sim and has ee t mobile and orange has joined has one and to also check your phones not stolen its a bit of a money making if you ask me or i think just go and buy a smash phone with a allready unlocked sim to your network you can go on to a imei check if you dont know the original service provider

"No SIM card installed. Insert a valid SIM with no Pin lock to activate iPhone."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.