Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro 7,1 10.8.4 won't run AHT

I have a macbook pro 7,1 (2.4 GHz 13" - MC374LL/A) with Mountain Lion (10.8.4) and latest roms (MBP71.0039.B0E and 1.62f7). I occassionally get some strange grahipcs behavior and some other odd behavior so I want to run a hardware test but can't seem to get it to run.

Restarting while holding D causes the fan to spin up and then after a long delay it boots normally. Holding opt-D boots to the hardware test menu but then I get:

apple hardware test does not support this machine

Any thoughts on how to run the hardware tests?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 15, 2013 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2013 10:14 AM

Welcome to Apple Support COmmunities

Your Mac came with Apple Hardware Test, but when you upgrade OS X or you format the hard disk, you lose it.

Apple Hardware Test is included with the DVDs that came with your computer, and if I remember, it comes in the Applications DVD or Mac OS X Install DVD 2 (you will see the steps to start Apple Hardware Test in the DVD). Insert this disc and hold the D key while your MacBook Pro is starting

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2013 10:14 AM in response to aaron.luman

Welcome to Apple Support COmmunities

Your Mac came with Apple Hardware Test, but when you upgrade OS X or you format the hard disk, you lose it.

Apple Hardware Test is included with the DVDs that came with your computer, and if I remember, it comes in the Applications DVD or Mac OS X Install DVD 2 (you will see the steps to start Apple Hardware Test in the DVD). Insert this disc and hold the D key while your MacBook Pro is starting

macbook pro 7,1 10.8.4 won't run AHT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.