Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod shuffle stopped working with iTunes. My iPad Mini still connects, but when I plug my shuffle in to charge, iTunes says the software for this iPod was not correctly installed. I reinstalled iTunes three times, restarted my laptop. Nothing. Help?

My iPod shuffle stopped working with iTunes. My iPad Mini still connects fine, but when I plug my shuffle in to charge iTunes says the software for this iPod was not correctly installed. I reinstalled iTunes three times and restarted my laptop. My computer also did a search on my shuffle and said it was fine. So.. I don't know what's wrong with it. My shuffle still works and still charges, it just can't connect to iTunes.

iPod shuffle

Posted on Jun 15, 2013 11:17 AM

1 reply

Jun 17, 2013 12:01 PM in response to mhirst

Hey mhirst,

I understand that you are having issues with your iPod shuffle displaying in iTunes. The following troubleshooting assistant may help you in resolving this issue:

Apple - Support - iPod shuffle - iTunes Troubleshooting Assistant

http://www.apple.com/support/ipodshuffle/assistant/itunes/

If the above did not resolve your issue, choose an applicable article below that fits your configuration (operating system, exact symptom):

Windows
Mac OS X

Thanks,

Matt M.

My iPod shuffle stopped working with iTunes. My iPad Mini still connects, but when I plug my shuffle in to charge, iTunes says the software for this iPod was not correctly installed. I reinstalled iTunes three times, restarted my laptop. Nothing. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.