Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DHCP Option Code Utility - the return

A long time ago I wrote a utility to make it easy for mere humans to generate the encoded values needed to define DHCP Option Codes for use with Apple's DHCP Server.

This utility was remarkably bug free and even as a 1.0 version worked with PowerPC and Intel Macs all the way from Mac OS X 10.4 to OS X 10.7.5 with zero reported bugs. It did however hit a problem with Mountain Lion 10.8 which I have finally got round to investigating and resolving. It turns out Apple made a change that broke the way my utility was using a standard routine.

I have also taken the opportunity to add built-in support for generating null-terminated strings since it has emerged that some uses of DHCP Option Codes requires this type of string, for example PXE boot servers using DHCP Option Code 67.

The new 1.1 version can be downloaded free from http://jelockwood.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/dhcp-server-on-os-x-server.html

Posted on Jun 15, 2013 10:45 AM

There are no replies.

DHCP Option Code Utility - the return

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.