Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect to an Old TV?

I just bought a new Apple TV and thought I'd move the old, 1st-generation Apple TV to the old CRT television in another room. The old TV only has RCA and S-Video inputs. The 1st-generation Apple TV has composite, HDMI and optical outputs. Is there an adapter or something I can use to pipe the Apple TV signal into my old CRT television?

Posted on Jun 15, 2013 12:14 PM

1 reply

Jun 15, 2013 3:33 PM in response to Raymond Fox

the old appletv does not have composite

but RCA is composite

the old appletv have component which is a bit like composite as in it use the same connectors as composite the connector type called RCA

if you connect the yellow composite rca connector to the green component rca connector on the appletv you get a black and white signal

there are converters but they cost you this is the google you would want to do to find one

https://www.google.dk/search?client=opera&q=apple+tv+component+to+composite&sour ceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest

Connect to an Old TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.