Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Subscribed/Deleted Podcast Listing Anomalies

I have an app which links into the iTunes Library XML file to query iTunes content and make it available elsewhere.

For some reason I have some podcast anomalies appearing in this application which seem to indicate an iTunes library / database issue :-

i) Old podcast episodes of subscribed current podcasts appearing even though they are not in iTunes or physically on the disk

ii) Deleted (possibly still subscribed) podcasts appearing even though they are not in iTunes or physically on the disk and are no longer available in iTunes store

I have deleted the iTunes Library XML file (which gets recreated at iTune launch) but they still appear. Its like the iTunes database still thinks they are there and references them when recreating the XML.

The obvious question is therefore how do I correct these issues int he database / XML ??

Any help appreciated.

Radar

Posted on Jun 15, 2013 12:50 PM

1 reply

Jun 17, 2013 11:06 AM in response to Niall Mallyon

Hello Radar,

Recreating your iTunes Library Database may help alleviate this behavior.

iTunes: How to re-create your iTunes library and playlists

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1451

Note: After re-creating your library, any devices that you sync with iTunes (Apple TV, iPod, iPhone, iPad) will see your iTunes library as a new library and will completely resync. The next sync with such a device will take longer and may reset some options since your rebuilt library isn't familiar to the device.

1. Quit iTunes.

2. Locate your iTunes folder (this is the folder that contains the iTunes Library and iTunes Library.xml files).

Default location of iTunes Folder
/Users/[your username]/Music

3. Open your iTunes folder.

4. Drag the "iTunes Library.xml" or "iTunes Music Library.xml" file to the Desktop. If neither is available, learn how to add files back to the Library (because the XML file is not available, playlists and other information will not be available).

5. Drag the following file from your iTunes folder to the Trash:

"iTunes Library" or "iTunes Library.itl"

6. Open iTunes.

Important: Do not add any content into iTunes at this point (such as by purchasing something from the iTunes Store).

7. Choose File > Library > Import Playlist.

8. Navigate to the "iTunes Library.xml" file on the Desktop.

Click Choose.

If your Podcasts list in iTunes is empty after following these steps, learn how to add them back into iTunes.

Cheers,

Allen

Subscribed/Deleted Podcast Listing Anomalies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.