Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Photostream use data when on a celluar network

I am getting unusal messages that my data allotment is low. Does Photostream use data when I am on a cellular network like ATT and not connected to a WiFi network?

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 15, 2013 3:29 PM

4 replies

Aug 17, 2013 3:37 PM in response to jimhaynes

I just was looking for this answer and found your question. I then found the answer... Apple made a BIG mistake and made it so shared photostreams are on cellular! See the quote from Apple below. It makes me think that using something like Everpix may be a better idea as you can control it to NOT use cellular, it is free to use for recent pics (like photostream), and I think it does have the same web and in app share features. My pics aren't up on it fully yet so I can't play with the share feature yet.

"Note: Shared photo streams work over Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and cellular networks. Cellular data charges may apply.

For more information about using Shared Photo Streams, click a help topic on the left."

Does Photostream use data when on a celluar network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.