Currently Being ModeratedJun 18, 2013 6:53 AM (in response to Varmalis)
Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
For more information on this, take a look at this article:
To stream music or videos from your computer to an Apple TV or AirPort Express:
- Connect your computer and Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open iTunes (10.2 or later).
- Locate and click the icon in the bottom-right corner of the iTunes application.
- Select your Apple TV, AirPort Express, or AirPlay-enabled speakers or receivers from the list of available devices that appears, and begin playback.
For troubleshooting on this, take a look at this article:
Troubleshooting AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring
Best of luck,
Currently Being ModeratedJun 18, 2013 6:21 PM (in response to mario49)
I have the same problem, I am streaming from my MacBook Air 2012 using Chrome and YouTube to my Apple TV V3 and I get the video fine, but there is no Audio, randomly after playing around a little bit I will get Audio but most of the time, there will be just silence. I tried rebooting the ATV and MBA but nothing, what's the soluciton when I am doing AirPlay Mirroring and not using iTunes for the NO AUDIO problem, thanks
Currently Being ModeratedJun 18, 2013 9:11 PM (in response to Varmalis)
My cousin came around and together we conquered the Apple TV! The initial reason for it not working was I hadn't reset my laptop after the initial installation of the Apple TV.
However, it stuffed up again. This time I found that if I closed the program I was using (VLC player) then opening it again while my laptop was connected to the Apple TV the audio worked.
Simple solution to what I assumed was a complex problem :)
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points