Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX Error this item cannot be shared while it is still referencing media on the camera.

Hello,

I just bought my 15 inch refurbished macbook pro. I was excited to use Final Cut Pro X, and after taking lessons from Lynda.com, i thought i was ready. I imported clips and everything went smoothly until i had finished my project. About halfway through, FCPX froze. It wouldn't budge, so i restarted my computer. It got stuck while restarting, so I shut the computer down. I reopened FCP and continued editing. Once I finished I went to go save the video as a "Master File" when this error came up. this item cannot be shared while it is still referencing media on the camera.

So far, FCPX has been great! But it is not very welcoming to have so much confusion for me, a person who is brand new to apple computers.

Anything would help!

I already tried the "reimport/archive" thing, but it keeps stopping at 54% and telling me that it was unable to complete bue to an error, and that the computer is still referencing files!! GAH!!

So frustrating!!

I hope I dont need to get another computer. Thankfully refurbished macs come with a one year warrenty..

MacBook Pro, 15 inch, refurbished

Posted on Jun 15, 2013 8:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2013 7:49 AM

I doubt very much that it is a computer problem.

Check to see whether you have actual media or aliases in your event's Original Media folder. You can do that by navigating n the Finder to your event folder and looking at the contents of Original Media folder.

Russ

8 replies

Jun 17, 2013 2:39 PM in response to Russ H

What are aliases? I looked in the event's Original Media folder, and all of the pictures that I used in the video were in the folder, but the actual video that I used wasn't. I tried to copy it in, but the first time it gave me error 36 and error 42. then i renamed the file and placed it in, and it worked. After doing that nothing changed though. So i just deleted the event and began to re-edit. i did a few cuts and deletes and tried to render, but the error came back. I feel so discouraged! everything I do wont help. Does it have to do with my SD card?

FCPX Error this item cannot be shared while it is still referencing media on the camera.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.