Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can my iMac (1.83 Ghz, 2GB Mem., running OS 10.6.8) run Mountain Lion?

Can my iMac (1.83 Ghz, 2GB Mem., running OS 10.6.8) run Mountain Lion? I would like my iMac to work more like my iPad2. I have pages on my iPad and it's self correct function fixes so many of my mistakes. While I have Word on my iMac and its self correct isn't nearly as functional or helpful. I need to upgrade to at least 10.7.4 for the new Pages to work on my iMac from the App Store, but of course 10.7 is no where to be found. OS 10.8 is cheap and in the App Store, so??? Can my computer run 10.8 or does it need mods. Maybe more Memory/RAM?

Thanks for any help,

Brandon

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iMac Intel 2 Duo, 1.83 GHz, 2GB

Posted on Jun 15, 2013 11:50 PM

3 replies

Jun 15, 2013 11:52 PM in response to JbmJedi

Mountain Lion requires a Mid 2007 or later iMac. To check that your iMac is supported, open System Profiler (in /Applications/Utilities) and read Model Identifier. If it's iMac7,1 or higher, you can run Mountain Lion.

To upgrade to Mountain Lion, I recommend you to have 4 GB or more of memory. You can get more memory at Crucial or OWC. Make a backup of your data before upgrading and check that your applications are compatible > http://www.roaringapps.com

Can my iMac (1.83 Ghz, 2GB Mem., running OS 10.6.8) run Mountain Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.