Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

slow importing from card reader.

Any one have problems with long imports of raw files from a flash card I use a 7d 18 mp Raw shooting 448 photo started importing from a pocket card reader. the card is a 32 GB it does not matter what make of card , I use Top makes like transcend but its taking up to 4 hours to import. last time I had this trouble 5 hours with another make , Im loading to a mac book pro , i tried direct inpoting and as I normally Do, into aperture 3. Yet my wife. on her pC less power then this and it down loaded in 30 min. Im gutted. Why, I would use hers more Bt thats a no no , could it be due to the amount of photos or HD usage . I have a 750 gb HD and there is 143 gb Available.

Any one reflect on this why the inprting is so slow?

2.2 GHtZ processor intel cor I7

* Gb ram 1333 ddr3

OSX lion.

MacBook Pro, iOS 5.1, Lion 8 gb ram Custom HD screen. 750

Posted on Jun 16, 2013 2:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2013 3:00 AM

Some possibilities:

• Format of the card? NTFS is not too well liked by the cats.
  • Type of card reader being used? Is it recognized properly by the Mac?
  • Type of interface? USB2 vs. USB3?
  • An antivirus at work? Yeah, some people fall for the ruse and use such things on their Macs.
  • Spotlight trying to index the card? The Spotless utility is useful here...
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2013 3:00 AM in response to diveactive

Some possibilities:

• Format of the card? NTFS is not too well liked by the cats.
  • Type of card reader being used? Is it recognized properly by the Mac?
  • Type of interface? USB2 vs. USB3?
  • An antivirus at work? Yeah, some people fall for the ruse and use such things on their Macs.
  • Spotlight trying to index the card? The Spotless utility is useful here...

slow importing from card reader.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.