Yesterday, I downloaded the last version of Aperture. Today I have a problem. When I press on Add adjustments nothing happens. What to do?
Check, if Aperture is working from a different user account. Sign in as Guest or create a test account in "Users&Groups" and run Paerture on a new trial library with one or two test images.
- If it does not even work in another account, it probably it did not install properly.
- Did you install directly from the AppStore? Then move Aperture to the Trash and relaunch the AppStore. Sign in and download Aperture again. Does that fix it?
- If you did not buy from the AppStore, but an earlier version, use your original installation media to reinstall and update again using SoftwareUpdate.
- If Aperture works from a different account, you probably have a problem with corrupted user preferences.
Your User Library is hidden by default in 10.8.4 - to open it in a Finder window use the "Go" menu from the Finder's main menu bar.
- Quit Aperture, if it is running. Log off and on again.
- Open the user library by using the Finder's "Go > Go to Folder" menu and hold down the options-key, until "Library" appears in the drop down menu. Select it.
- In the widow that will open, scroll down to "Preferences"
- From the "Preferences" folder remove "com.apple.Aperture.plist".
Then try to launch Aperture again.
But deleting the "Preferences" file will cause Aperture to forget the preferences settings. Be prepared to have to reset all options you set using the Aperture Preferences panel.