Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWeb won't install on OS X?

Hey everyone.

since i upgraded my mac pro 2010 to OS mountain Lion. Seem my iWeb has gone. I try many way how to install but seemnow working .

It is iWeb 3.0.3 i downloaded from apple site.

when i start to installing after in step on "destination select" i select to Mac harddisk and there is a message common say :

iWeb update can't be installed on disk. A qualifying copy of iWeb was not found in /Applications.

Any of you guy how to fix that?

Thank you..

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), New iPad, iPod Classic, iPhone 3Gs

Posted on Jun 16, 2013 9:15 AM

11 replies

Jun 16, 2013 10:35 AM in response to vaiobum

Do you have a backup of your hard drive from before the upgrade to Mt. Lion? If so you can obtain iWeb from the Applications folder in the backup.

Or you can use the disks that came with your MBP to reinstall iWeb. The disk will look like one of these; (#4):

User uploaded file

Otherwise you'll need to purchase a copy of the iLife 09 or 11 disk from a 3rd party retailer like Amazon.com or eBay.com to obtain iWeb 3. If you also want iDVD you shoud purchase the iLife 09 disk as that will let you get all iDVD themes. If you're not interested in iDVD than either version will get you iWeb 3.

OT

Jun 16, 2013 11:39 AM in response to vaiobum

iWeb is not available to purchase via the app store. As Old Toad has already told you, if you can't install from an old CD, then you'll need to go to Amazon and purchase either an iLife 09 or iLife 11 boxed set that contains iWeb 09.

That is your only option to buy it from Amazon. It is not available in the app store and you CAN'T download it.

Jun 26, 2013 11:39 AM in response to vaiobum

That's a font used by MS Word. Do you have Word installed on your Mac? Open Font Book and search for bauhaus. If it's there deactivated it and reactivate it. Launch iWeb and try again.

If you don't see it in Font Book and you do have Word installed download and ue Find Any File to search for "bauhaus" to see if it's somewhere else on your hard drive. If you find it, copy it to the Desktop and double click on it to install.

Jun 26, 2013 11:51 AM in response to vaiobum

No. It's an app that can read MS Word documents and save as Word documents. Do a search for that font with Find Any File.

Or download the font from here, Download Bauhaus 93 - Font-DB, install it and see if that stops the warning message in iWeb.

Here's something you can try:

1 - delete the iWeb preference file, com.apple.iWeb.plist, that resides in your

User/Home/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete iWeb's cache file, Cache.db, that is located in your

User/Home/Library/Caches/com.apple.iWeb folder (Snow Leopard and Earlier).

User uploaded file

3 - launch iWeb and try again.

NOTE: In Lion and Mountain Lion the Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and hit the Enter button - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.

iWeb won't install on OS X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.