Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mountain Lion: Trackpad and Magic Mouse Gesture Loss Issues

People!! If you are having issues with your Magic Mouse or Trackpad since the Mountain Lion Update.

Please type "I AM" after this thread, so that Apple may hear our voice and provide us a fix. IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Multi-Touch Trackpad and Magic Mous-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), Mountain Lion kills Gesture usage.

Posted on Jun 16, 2013 9:13 AM

4 replies

Jun 16, 2013 9:45 AM in response to Eric Root

I just bought a brand new iMac 21.5' 1TB, 8GB Memory, Quad Core i5,
I have noticed that the Multi-Touch Trackpad and my Magic Mouse lose Gestures capability after the computer goes to sleep, or comes back from a screensaver. I have re-installed OS X ML so many times to the point I am so dissatisfied that I am ready to put the computer back in the box send it back to Apple and demand a refund.

It is clearly a software bug.
Like for example if you go the System Preferences to change the settings for the Trackpad or the Magic Mouse the tiny video in the right side of the pane is no longer there and there are only default settings availible (not magical at all). I do not know what else to do. I even directly e-mail Tim Cook begging for a fix.
Hopefully one comes to us soon. I miss Steve Jobs more now, because he would have never let this happen. He was keen on perfection of a product before it was released to Apple's loving public. Just sad.

Jun 16, 2013 2:29 PM in response to JudoOniTony

Starting off with the easy to do fix.

There are two .plists in your user Library/Preferences.

com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.mouse.plist

com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.trackpad.plist

Hold down the option key while using the Finder Go To Folder command. Enter ~/Library/Preferences. Move the .plists to your desktop.

Restart and test. If it works okay, delete the plists from the desktop.

If the same, return the .plists to where you got them from, overwriting the newer ones.

If you prefer to make your user library permanently visible, use the Terminal command found below.

http://osxdaily.com/2011/07/04/show-library-directory-in-mac-os-x-lion/

You might want to bookmark the command. I had to use it again after I installed 10.8.4. I have also been informed that if you drag the user library to Finder it will remain visible.

Send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem solved sooner.

Feedback

Apr 3, 2014 12:26 PM in response to Eric Root

Just tired this suggestions with high hopes. After restarting, the issues seemed to be resolved. After restart, and before launching other applications, the problems seemed to be fixed. However, after launching a few apps and clicking and dragging around, the left-click from the magic mouse, the erradic behavior persists. Thanks for the suggested fix, Eric.

Still frustrated.

Mountain Lion: Trackpad and Magic Mouse Gesture Loss Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.