Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video Missing from Aperture

I took a month long trip to Europe. I have many photos and videos, however 4 videos (MVI_ format) have gone missing. All are from the same day, same album (sorted by city). No other album/photos/videos have been affected. They have simply vanished. I have not done anything wierd with my library. I remember seeing them import, so I am at a loss for what could have happened. There is not even a corrupted file left. Any thoughts on what could have happened, or where they might be? I have tried searching for the file name within the aperture library, systemwide, and on all backups. No trace.

Thanks!

15" 3.06GHz MacBook Pro 7200RPM 500GB - eMac 1GHz 768MB RAM SuperDrive 80GB, Mac OS X (10.5.2), Final Cut Pro 4.5HD - iPod 3G 15GB - iPod Shuffle 1G 1GB

Posted on Jun 16, 2013 12:34 PM

3 replies

Jun 16, 2013 12:45 PM in response to MacRick

How did you import? Referenced or managed? Have you tried to repair your Aperture Library?

Sometimes repairing will retrieve lost media inside the library, if there are problems with lost references (illegal filenames, or something). Try to repair permissions and database:

See: Aperture 3 User Manual: Repairing and Rebuilding Your Aperture Library

however 4 videos (MVI_ format) have gone missing

Do the four missing videos have the same format, as the other videos that you imported that day?

Regards

Léonie

Jun 16, 2013 12:54 PM in response to léonie

All of the videos that I took and the 4 that have gone missing are the same format/type, from the same camera. I imported from the SD card through Aperture, as managed (to be a part of the 'Aperture library file). I've run 'Repair Database.'

Perhaps, they did not import correctly. I never double checked that the imported videos played, I just saw the thumbnail. Perhaps the import created a thumbnail, but did not import the video from the card?

Video Missing from Aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.